Dancers tell us how they enjoyed the Karmiel Summer course
- “I had the greatest time at the Karmiel Dance Course! The program (choreographer instruction during the day, dancing at dance sessions at night, a little sight-seeing in between, and ending at the Karmiel Dance Festival) and camaraderie of the participants can’t be beat. If you love to dance and have fun this is an opportunity not to miss.
I have attended for the past two years and have signed-up for 2017. Can’t wait!
Judith Sapir, Washington, DC, USA
Courses 2015, 2016
- "It was a joyful and unforgettable experience at Karmiel.
Meeting Israeli dance teachers face to face, learning beautiful dances from them and dancing with others from over the world was really wonderful.
Do wish that the course could have been longer.
TK and Mai,
- "I live in the United States and have attended the Karmiel Summer Course every year since 2011, when I lived in Sacramento, and will go again this year from my home in Philadelphia.
Dany is a friendly, caring, and dedicated organizer, and the course is totally unique among dance camps."
Rich Janis, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Courses 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016
- Abe & I were so happy to be part of the year 2009 & 2011 Karmiel Summer Course& go to the Karmiel Festival for the two days following.
What a wonderful course it is for international guest dancers.
Dany & Ruthy were so friendly & organised the whole experience was amazing.
We were enthralled by the wonderful choreographers sessions by day& then taken to many Hakardot dance sessions at night.
Also a highlight was a full day sightseeing tour of Jerusalem.
The food was delicious with everything included in course:
accommodation, transport & entries into dance sessions.
We met many fellow dancers from all over the world that we are still in contact with.
We would highly recommend the course to any dancers worldwide
who wants to learn Israeli dancing from the wonderful choreographers in Israel& enjoy meeting other dancers from other parts of the world.
We loved the experience!!!
Lorraine & Abe Basist, Melbourne, Australia
Courses 2009, 2011
- Karmiel Summer Course provides a unique opportunity to gather with Israeli dance enthusiasts from all parts of the world for ten well organized days of dancing, sightseeing and meeting new and known friends. Don't wait to come to the origin and home of Israeli dances. Thank you, Dany and Ruthy, for enabling this wonderful time full of energy, fun and spirit.
Sandra B., Berlin, Germany
Courses 2012, 2013, 2015
- "It was remarkable to meet dancing lovers from all over the world. We shared our cultures and learning dances from each other. "
Priscillia Wong, Hong Kong
I am from Edison, New Jersey, and I took the course in summer of 2011. I had an amazing time, dancing and learning new dances from fabulous choreographers.
I so enjoyed meeting people from all over the world who love Israel, Israeli dancing, and know many of the dances that we do in USA.
Thank you Ruty and Dany for an unforgettable trip!
Sarah Reinholtz, Edison, New Jersery, USA
"The Karmiel Course was a wonderful way to meet markidim and choreographers from all over Israel, and I formed great relationships with my fellow dancers."
Abby Kerbel, Washington, DC. USA
- "I was very glad to meet a lot of new friends from this course, get a lot of unforgettable experiences, and learn more about Israeli national culture and dances.
I was also pleased to let Israel know about Hong Kong!"
Carroll Moyung, Hong Kong
Courses 2011, 2012, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed the Karmiel Summer dance course and highly recommend it to all Israeli dance enthusiasts. The program is very well organised and includes workshops with choreographers during the day, participating in dance sessions at night, some sightseeing and then the wonderful Karmiel festival at the end. The fact that you are doing the course with a group of Israeli dancers from all over the world makes it even more special. I have made lovely friendships from both of the courses I attended. I am definitely planning to attend again! Thank you so much Dany and Ruth for organising this very unique and memorable experience.
Cindy Berg, Melbourne, Australia
Courses 2009, 2016
If you have been in the course and would like to send comments please
the publisher of IsraeliDances.com
For all information about the Karmiel Course For Foreign Teachers and Dancers of Israeli Folk Dance click here
or write to the Course Director Dany Benshalom